Due to expansion we are currently seeking either an experienced Quantity Surveyor or a Graduate looking to further their career.
In conjunction with the Contracts Director, the Quantity Surveyor will carry out and be responsible for:
- Attend contract launch meeting once a contract is awarded to receive project from sales team.
- Review contract specification and drawings to ensure that we comply with the specification or look at value engineering options as required.
- Assist the Contracts Manager to appoint subcontract packages as required.
- Financially manage sub-contract packages and agreement of subcontractor’s final accounts.
- Keep updated schedule of sub-contract resources.
- Attend all meetings required during the course of a contract, ie
- Pre-Let meeting
- Commercial meetings
- Progress meetings
- Assist the Contracts Manager in all commercial matters relating to each contract.
- Ensure appropriate instructions are received, in the correct contractual format, to cover all changes to contract and keep up to date variation log.
- Issue all Applications for Payment or Invoices.
- Carry out add/omit or remeasure accounts as required by the contract.
- Advise Client of any contract variations in the appropriate contract manor and keep the appropriate register.
- Summit interim and Final Accounts for each project.
- Negotiate and agree Final Account.
- Chase any outstanding or late payments and assist in cash flow projections.
- Advise MD monthly on each project, confirming any variances to the tender and the projected return for each contract.
Please contact Shipley Structures Ltd
on 01400 251480 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org