Our manufacturing facilities consist of multiple fabrication workshops, up to 65m in length, incorporating 15 tonne overhead crane lifting capacities.
The total inside manufacturing facilities covers an area of 25,000 square feet, with outside storage areas of 5 acres.
Our production facilities include:
- CNC controlled automated saw/drill line, capable of processing the full range of steel sections, with a 21 metre in-feed.
- A fully automated fittings system including:
- Punch & Shear Line
- Plasma Drills with additional oxy-propane cutting heads.
- 85 tonne capacity Punch.
- Automatic shot-blasting facilities.
- Paint booth with rolling trestle facility to ensure speed of painting and quality of finish on both single and multi-coat paint systems.
Continuous development of plant and machinery is an ongoing process in order to maintain maximum production efficiency.
Welding / Procedures
Metal Active Gas welding processes are utilised for our shop manufacturing works.
Approved procedures for the above processes are implemented for carbon steel in accordance with BS EN ISO 15614-1.
Our welding operatives are qualified to the following codes:
- BS EN ISO 9606, Part 1
Fabrication and Welding Inspection
Visual fabrication inspection is carried out in-house by a competent inspectors.
Non-destructive testing is undertaken by an approved contractor, through our quality system, for the following processes:
MPI, Ultrasonic and Radiographic.
Fabrication will be undertaken in accordance with the National Structural Steelwork Specification (5th Edition) and Shipley Structures Limited Standard Manufacture Control Procedures.
This is further supplemented by our Factory Production Control System to BS EN 1090:Part 1, in conjunction with our CE Marking accreditation.
Other standards would be employed to suit specific contract requirements.
Shipley Structures Ltd has achieved CE Marking accreditation to Execution Class 2 of BS EN 1090.
Please refer to the attached associated certification, as listed:
- EC Certificate of Factory Production Control System ref. 2273-CPR-011 0
- Responsible Welding Co-ordinator Certificate - Mr Mitch Weston (SSL Managing Director)
- Welding Certificate ref. 2273-CPR-011 0-WC
- BCSA Certificate of Accreditation
Please CLICK HERE to view more photographs of our Manufacturing Facilities, Equipment and Machinary.