Due to expansion we are currently seeking either an experienced Contracts Manager or a graduate looking to further their career.
In conjunction with the Contracts Director, the Contracts Manager will carry out and be responsible for:
- Attend contract launch meeting once a contract is awarded to receive project from sales team.
- On contract award and if not already agreed with the Client, agree a contract programme. Issue programme internally and include production periods and fabrication issue dates.
- Regularly update the contract programme and issue as appropriate.
- Review contract specification and ensure that we comply with the specification or seek approval from the Engineer / Client to deviate from the specification if necessary.
- Appoint a Designer to carry out the design of the steel frame or steel connections and ensure the Designer works to the correct Design Code and in accordance with the programme requirements.
- Review designs details in particular connections and if satisfactory submit to the Design Team for formal approval.
- Appoint a Drawing Office to produce 2D layout drawings for the contract. Ensure the drawing office works to the correct specification and in accordance with our programme requirements.
- Review all produced drawings and if satisfactory submit to the Design Team for formal approval.
- Raise Information Requests for any outstanding information and formally submit to the Design Team. Monitor responses and ensure all the information is received. If necessary advise the Design Team if information remains outstanding or is late.
- Appoint a Drawing Office to produce 3D fabrication drawings and ensure the Drawing Office work to the correct procedures, information and comply with our fabrication requirements. Ensure the Drawing Office release drawings and electronic files to production in line with the contract programme.
- Continually monitor the programme and advise the Client if delays are incurred and if the programme needs to be extended or if acceleration measures need to be implemented.
- Attend any meetings required during the course of the contract, ie
- Pre-Let meeting
- Design meetings
- Commercial meetings
- Progress meetings
- Visit site and agree build sequence and build method with the Main Contractor. Write Erection Method Statement, Lifting Plan and Risk Assessments for each contract or review and sign of these documents if produced by others.
- Appoint Erection Company to carry out the site erection works. Ensure the Erectors work in accordance with our Method Statement and programme requirements.
- Carryout regular site visits to ensure the Erectors are working safely, in accordance with the method statement and our programme requirements. Inspect the erected frame to ensure it is erected correctly and as drawn.
- Issue handover certificates to the Client, including Final Completion Certificate.
- Ensure formal order received and that the order is in line with tender agreements.
- Ensure order is also reviewed by the Managing Director and if necessary request amendments to the contract wording.
- Ensure all works are carried out in accordance with current legislation / law and monitor changes relating to the same.
- Prepare and issue completed documentation package
Please contact Shipley Structures Ltd
on 01400 251480 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org